If you are exhausted from old, usual surroundings of your RV, then painting its interiors can be an appealing remodeling option. Reviving the look with painting can undeniably give you a refreshing experience, making it feel more like a home as per your comfort. Not considering it to be a difficult task, RV interiors can be smoothly carried out by oneself after following some simple steps. However, if you are unsure of your painting abilities or need assistance with any part of the process, consider contacting professionals for RV services or trailer repair in Sacramento.
Supplies And Tools Needed For Painting RV Interiors:
- Paint (Must be RV-Friendly, prefer to select low-VOC paint)
- Sander/ Sandpaper
- Paint Brush, Rollers, and Paint Sprayers
- Painter's Tape
- Safety Equipments (Gloves, Goggles, and respirator)
- Disposable and Cleaning Supplies
Indications To Paint RV Interiors
Prepare The Walls
- Sanding: Gently sand the walls of all the areas you intent to paint with the sandpaper or sander to create a smooth surface to paint. The process will detach all the shine and allow the paint to embrace easily on the surface.
- Remove Movable Items And Protect Surfaces: Remove or cover the furniture and other items to protect them from paint. Use painter's tape to cover the edges of the areas such as window frames, fixtures, floors, edges of cabinets, and more that you do not want to be painted.
- Clean Wall Surface: Wash the walls to remove any dirt or grease and leave them to dry completely. Prefer to use TSP cleaners for cleaning the surfaces thoroughly.
Once the walls are clean and dry, apply one or two coats of primer to the selected areas. Prefer to use water-based primer over oil-based. The primer ensures the paint to cling better on the walls, giving an even finish. Allow the primer to dry accordingly.
Paint The Interior
Use a roller for big, flat surfaces and a paintbrush for edges and corners. Paint must be applied in even, thin coats. Be patient and wait until the previous coat has completely dried before adding the next. To get the correct coverage, you might need to apply several applications. Pay close attention to any places that need extra care. The number of coats depends upon self-satisfaction. However, darker shades may need only one coat but consider further coating if using lighter shades.
Reassemble and Conclude
Remove the painter's tape carefully from the applied areas. Dispose of the waste and wash the brush or rollers thoroughly. Place the removed items back accordingly and rejoice in the ultimate outcome by decorating the space as per your choice.
Just brighten up your space by following the above elementary steps and experience a drastic variation. These steps will positively assist you if you are revamping an old one or besuiting an existing RV. Nevertheless, if you are in any confusion, hire the RV servicing specialists in Sacramento.